PUERTO CALDERA S.A. WAS INCORPORATED ON JUNE 10th, 1991 AS A CLOSED STOCK COMPANY.
- Transfer of Refrigerated Containers.
- Pre-Cooled Refrigerated Containers.
- Connection, Disconnection of On-Board Refrigerated Containers.
- Assembly/Disassembly of Gen Set for Refrigerated Containers.
- Receipt and collection of cargo.
- Bulk shipment with the use of rafts.
- Reception of trucks.
- Dock sweeping.
- Fractionated/oversized cargo storage.
- Reception of fractionated/over-dimensioned cargo.
- Fractionated/over-dimensioned load carrying.
- Dispatching of fractionated/over-dimensioned cargo.
Fractionated / Over-dimensioned cargo
The purpose of the Company is the construction and operation of all kinds of seaports or port facilities and all other activities directly or indirectly related to these purposes. Since 1992 Puerto Caldera S.A. has been operating the Punta Caleta Amarcal Port Terminal, which in June 2006 replaced the name of the dock, remaining until the present time as Punta Caleta Port Terminal. The port activity has been developed through fruit shipments in the months of December and January, and mineral shipments during the rest of the year.